Plan. Solve. Transition.
Steve is qualified to enter your organisation as a leadership specialist in times of proactive strategic planning, as well as reactive crisis and conflict situations. Steve has experience and expertise in helping navigate transition, with an honest yet gentle approach.
Long term planning and strategic thinking were never meant to be luxuries. The reality is, most key leaders have a stretched capacity and the short term, immediate needs always win out.
Whether you need support at the analysis, design or implementation stage, Deep Well can keep things moving along.
Areas of expertise include organisational structure, team building, governance, personality profiles, reviewing executive staff, managing staff performance, decision making and strategic planning.
Steve has worked on a broad range of projects in the church, education and other not-for-profit sectors. Some recent examples include:
- Conducted a management review for an educational client in
- Completed an analysis of staff structures and future directions for a denomination
- Conducted performance reviews for a school principal and board
- Managed the merging of two not-for-profit organisations
An organisation without conflict is one without people!
When faced with competing agendas and difficult situations it can be extremely helpful to have the support and guidance of an external, objective facilitator.
Steve has extensive experience in handling the misconduct of staff and escalated conflict in organisations. Steve’s approach draws on 30 years of pastoral wisdom to help find solutions. He treats people with value and respect, even when they have stepped outside organisational standards. Some of the situations that Steve has managed in recent years include:
- Helping resolve conflict between key leaders and the organisation
- Helping develop organisational policy for dealing with contentious issues
- Building and maintaining boundaries to manage people with significant issues
- Helping establish and enforce guidelines where power and control have been misused
When pastors or key leaders move to another organisation, leadership positions are often filled with haste in the race to plug a hole.
Times of transition can be a ripe opportunity to review and grow your ministry. Ironically, an independent, objective outsider is usually better placed to manage this change within a team. Deep Well offers short term contract arrangements when there are senior-level changes, offering part time hours to help you with cost efficiency.
Steve has recently completed interim work for the following organisations:
- Lesmurdie Baptist Church – Team Leader
- Ellenbrook Baptist Church – Senior Pastor
- Baptist Care WA – Manager of Chaplains
- Riverton Baptist Church – Senior Pastor
- Baptist Churches of WA – Filling in for Mark Wilson (DOM)
Have a confidential chat with Steve about what you need. Contact Steve